Painting Procedures. '65 300

Hi everyone, I'm eager to hear some suggestions as to how I should paint my '65 300 which is currently completely stripped down to the shell. My concern is overspray. I will have the front subframe and suspension rebuilt and detailed prior to painting and reassembly and don't want to end up with primer and paint all over it, this is one problem. The other problem is that if I paint all of the firewall etc. prior to assembling and aligning the fenders, hood, doors, and cowl ; I'll have primer spraying through the seems onto the fresh paint when I'm applying building primer and blocking out the body.

My solution at this point is to prep the firewall and jambs, assemble and align the cars body parts, finish all of the bodywork and apply final sealer, then disassemble the front end parts again so I can paint the firewall and inner fenders etc. prior to final assembly before taking the car to the bodyshop for body paint.

Anyone got any better suggestion? How did the factory do this? Should all of the pieces (Rad support, innner fenders, gravel pans, etc.) be painted alone prior to assembly and then re-painted once assembled or should they go on after the entire process is done? Little help.............?

Sincerely, Ryan Hill ('65 300's)