Re: [Chrysler300] Replacing the floor pan

Re: [Chrysler300] Replacing the floor pan

I don't know how much you have to cut out but here is what I did on my 63. I got in the
car and took a marking pin and straight edge and drew out a line around the area to be
cut out. Then add about 1" extra area around the outside of your first line. Now cut
out your rusted area with what ever type of cutting device your going to use and cut it
to your inside lines. If you come to any floor braces you want to use them so get a
small tool made for cutting out spot welds only halfway through. So when you weld in the
new floor you still have something to weld too.
Now take a flanging tool and go around the 1" extra area marked out. This allows the
replacement panel to set into the flanged area and will set flush.
Now after cutting out the floor material your going to use from your donor car ( make
sure it is larger than you will ever need). Now lay or transfer your dimensions from the
floor from the first car on to the donor car floor piece. You want it to fit into the
flanged area. When it is all set you can start a few mig welds around the outer edges
spacing them around so you don't get to much heat and cause it to warp. Also weld your
floorpanel to the floor braces. Now go back and finish welding the whole thing. Grind
down the welds to make them smooth. If you have any bad spots , fill with bondo. Finish
off and metal prep, primer and paint.

All the tools used I got from Eastwood and cost very little.

Now I know there are professionals out there who have a better way of doing it but this
worked for me. Until I hit the first bump and we all hit the ground. Just Kidding
Gary Barker