rear main oil leak on 57C

Well, I must have screwed up hen I put this thing together. Considering it is my first time, I guess something had to go wrong. Anyway, I have a leak at the rear main. I've put dye in the oil to make sure I knew where the leak was. Coming out of the rear main around the crank. My question is, when I drop the pan, oil pump and rear main cap, is there a way to tell which half of the rear main seal is leaking? I'd rather not mess with the upper half if I don't have to. Any words of wisdom out there on what I'm getting myself into and an easy way to fix it?

Zak