'55 Ballast Resistor

Where is the ballast resistor on a '55 300? I'm still trying to get my
'55 started. I do get a light when I hook a 6V test light from the coil
negative to ground, so I doubt the problem is the ballast resistor.

I took the starter off today and I'm taking it to get it tested. When I
hooked it to the battery with jumper cables while off the car, the
solenoid would kick the gear into position, but the starter wouldn't
spin. Wonder if it's burned up inside?

Thomas

--
1952 Chrysler Saratoga club coupe