Outgassing/allergies

>I also have a friend whose wife has great sensitivity to the gases from
>plastics. They have no carpeting in their home. They only purchase
>automobiles that are at least several years old, preferably well sun baked.

I own a 1964 Cadillac SDV with a near perfect dash and another parts car
with a destroyed dash. The good dash car is from south central Georgia and
the parts car has lived here in AZ all it's life.

Most folks in our area use dash covers. This does some good but generally
only ends up covering cracks.

We have had only one experience with one client with a severe allergy
condition to auto interior materials outgassing. She drove a stripped
commercial minivan with aluminum foil covering the dash, visors etc. which
she said helped.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ