Movie 300's

<PRE>A number of years back my wife and I had two letter cars rented for the movie
"Peggy Sue Gets Married" with Nicholas Cage and Kathleen Turner. The movie
was shot in Petaluma, California and Santa Rosa. They rented my 300B and C.
The C never made the cut but the B wound up in several scenes. One night, at
about 3am I was watching the shooting and the set was artificially done with
trees and a small hutch with a path leading to the big legion hall. It was
raining (artificially again) and a row of jet black cars were on the right
side of the path leading to the legion hall. Cage and Turner were in a '58
Chevy convertible with the top down. Filled to the brim with water after each
shoot, they had to drain the water by opening the doors and let the water
spill out. My 300B was in the rows of cars that they passed while running in
the rain to the legion hall. It was plainly in sight when they went by it for
the first time. It was plainly in sight when they passed it a second time.
For some reason, they moved the car with another and moved it up in line
after the second take. When the film hit the cutter, the car was in two
different places within the same scene. Karen and I are probably the only
ones that knew. We met Kathleen Turner and she is very cordial. Did not get a
chance to meet Nicholas Cage. It was a good movie, especially with our help.
We got fifty dollars a day for each car while they had them. Quentin Smith