Re: [Chrysler300] Carter WCFB

Hardy Graham Jr wrote:

> I have a question regarding the Carter WCFB carbs. What is the exact
> difference between the model numbers on the brass tags? Does it refer to
> the jetting or is the whole carb completely different? If you are looking
> for a specific carb can another one be changed or modified to the same specs
> relatively easy. Carter lists hundreds of numbers for the WCFB and I find
> it hard to believe that they are all different. Any information would be
> helpful.

> Thanks,

> Hardy
> C300

Well, I am NOT a carb expert but in the 6 years I searched for a "correct"
set for a 57 300-C I have these general impressions.

I have seen a fair share of WCFB carbs. GM bought smaller carbs then Chrysler
used. %0's vintage Corvette folks will pay serious $$$ for Chrysler carbs.
I saw One ( 1 ) 2x4 for a middle/late 50's T-Bird, the venturies were
MINISCULE.
Chrysler usually used a bigger carb then the other manufactures that I have
seen. Excluding Packard, I have NOT seen any for those.
BUT I have heard that the packard ones might the most simular to Chrysler's
carbs.
Desoto, Dodge amd Plymouth carbs were generally a tad smaller then Chrysler.
I have had all 4 of the Mopar 2x4 setups pass through my hands.
(sitting on a pair of Desoto ones now, that are supposed to be sold)

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6