Re: [Chrysler300] Transmission Leak help

Re: [Chrysler300] Transmission Leak help

Dee J-
I had similar trouble with my shift cable in my Dart. Different car,
same design. The shift cable has a O ring in the cable housing where it goes
into the transmission. If the cable housing is not damaged by the exhaust
pipe or age etc. then all it will need is a O ring replaced. Call around to
various shops to find someone who knows the push button transmissions- Yes
there are some out there who still know and work on them. If possible find
and contact a local Mopar related car club- they are a good source of info
for finding people who know this type of info. If your cable housing is
damaged- you will need to find a good used one-tough but possible- or a rare
NOS one- tougher and expensive. There is a company reproducing these-
Imperial Services. You can call them at 1-989-652-6309 or internet at
www.imperialservices.net.
These leaks can be frustrating to locate and fix but not real difficult.
I am not a tranny man by any stretch of the imagination but I fixed mine. If
you don't have a factory shop manual for your car- get one. They are worth
their weight in gold. If you can't find one or don't know where to look get
back to me and I can find you one. A used one in good shape is about $50.00
or less, NOS or reproductions can run up to $100.00. As I said they are well
worth the cost.
Let me know what you find out or need- I'll do what I can to help.
Joe Pierce 300Kx2+63 Dart GT+ 64 300sport+64 300s/w & others.