Re: [Chrysler300] 1965 300

Hi Joe,

I am the 300L Consultant for the club and the original owner of an L.
Your serial number will confirm whether your car is a Letter Series or not.

In the meantime, both letter and non-letter cars has badges on the back quarters. On letter cars, they were simple rectangular badges and looked quite similar to those on New Yorkers, but with "300" on them. The non-letter 300s had red and blue badges that resembled the center portion of the grille and the badges on the door panels just below the windows.

As stated by other replies, the L grille has the running light with red, white and blue circle surrounding the lens, and the 300L medallion on the gas filler door.

Send the VIN and we can give you exact information.

Welcome to the club.

Don Warnaar