Re: [Chrysler300] ignition question

If it's for a 1970 it should fit any RB engine, but when Chrysler started building Electronic-Lean-Burn engines later in the 1970s they built a completely different distributer which should not be used. Instead of spring-loaded weights under the breakerplate to provide mechanical spark advance as RPMs increase, it has 2 pickups in the distributor that are staggered a few degrees and the leanburn computer senses engine needs and varies the spark advance by switching between them. The way to tell is just remove the distributor cap and if it has 2 pickups instead of 1, don't use it. The only to make it work is with the wiring and computer on the air cleaner, and even then it won't run as good as either your point system or the regular electronic ignition.
Okie Bob

"my69300 <tubman@xxxx>" <tubman@xxxx> wrote: I want to change my 440 to electric ignition and the ? is
I have found a new mopar ignition kit for sale but
it's for a 1970 440 and I have a 1969 440. Will that make
that much difference??
Chris
69 300