alternative to Mopar Performance electronic distributor kit

alternative to Mopar Performance electronic distributor kit

Hi to all,

We were recently discussing the pros and cons of Pertronix versus Mopar
Performance. Seems the list members agreed that, when a non-tach drive
distributor can be used, the Mopar Performance unit is the way to go .

Gerry Steinberg also talked about stuffing Mopar Performance guts inside a
tach drive distributor - Gerry, I'd sure like to hear more about that and
exactly how it was done.

But - according to the new issue of HotRod (04-03, page 18 ) there is now an
alternative to these systems, for, once again, non tach-drive B and RB
distributors. The new contender is: MSD. They offer a new "Ready To Run"
distributor series, for Chebbies and Ferds and AMC's and Oldsmobubbles and -
yes - even Mopars ! These nice units are complete with an INTERNAL module
and do not require an external ignition box to run ! Just wire up to the
coil and it will fire right up ! Sounds neat... if you fear electronics,
this is your ignition salvation !

John