Re: [Chrysler300] Letter cars at RM Auctions

Re: [Chrysler300] Letter cars at RM Auctions

Greetings Group-
My experience with auctions is limited to Silver Auctions out here in
the wild west. He did a auction in Billings, Mt. a couple of years ago that
I attended as I know the guy who was auctioning off his "collection" of
restored, complete restorable, and parts cars, 90% Mopars. It was advertised
as a "no reserve" auction- well I found out first hand how that works- the
guy selling has "friends" come and bid on cars (fake bids/bidders)to either
up the price to his non- existent reserve or buy them and sell them back to
him. About 30+ cars were "sold" this way and this guy wound up keeping them
as they didn't meet his non-reserve selling price. I lost a considerable
amount of respect for both this man and Silver for this charade. With due
respect to Silver I don't know if he was aware of the sellers intent to do
that or not, but I think if not before the auction he must have figured it
out at some point later. Unless they are cheap parts cars- watch out for the
guy bidding against you- he may be a "buyer" for the seller! I feel from
this experience and what I have learned from the members on this web server-
If you or someone you know wants a Letter Car- get it from a member for all
the above reasons and the oblivious- Thru the club the car can be
documented. That is money in the bank and not in the auctioneers pocket! My
nickel's worth, sorry if I drug this out.. Joe Pierce 300J+Kx3+M+others.....