From: "G Barker" <gbarker@xxxx>
To: "Steve Galezowski" <steveg@xxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Torsion Bars

> Do you know the length of your Bars? I have a interchange book for
Mopar Bars. My book shows a c body with a 440 uses .98 dia. bar 47" long.
And thats the bigest they used from 65-71. in those years. The 50" bars go
up to 1.06" dia. in c bodys 1970-74. Gary Barker

> Steve Galezowski wrote:
>
> > I have beefed up the suspension on my 300L with a heavier-than-stock
front anti-sway bar, rear sway bar, koni adjustable shocks and an increase
in the rear spring rate by adding a leaf. The only outstanding item is that
I find the front spring rate to be a little soft for my liking. So I am
wondering if there are higher rate torsion bars available that would fit the
car. I believe that a "heavy-duty" suspension was optional in '65 but I
don't know if that option included higher rate torsion bars. If it did,
presumably those torsion bars would have a larger diameter than standard. My
torsion bars are .975 inches in diameter.

> > I know heavy duty aftermarket torsion bars are available for B and E
bodies but so far I have not come across any for C bodies.