Re: [Chrysler300] NEW 300C from Chrysler!

Re: [Chrysler300] NEW 300C from Chrysler!

Hi all;
As far as the designers go, I grew up with one of the top Chrysler
designers, Robert Hubbach. We went to school together from 3-4th grade thru
12th. His name is on the patent for the mini-van that saved Chrysler's ass.
He also designed a lot of the Viper and drew the original study for the
Atlantic Coupe that Bob Lutz claims as his "cocktail napkin" design. They
wanted him to go into management and he left for a consulting/designing
partnership, as he wanted only to draw/design. He was draged back (big
money) to fix the back half of the Viper when they went to the Roadster. His
original art work is sold each year at the B-J Auburn Auction. I think he
recently retired. Point being, we're 65ish, and graduated Hi school in
1956...when all the hot rods and mean street machines were being "borned".
Can't be many of the 50-60's guys left now....

We had a great thing going when all the top management were "car nutz", then
they cashed in their chips and sold the company out from under the
American buyers. So you'll see more and more of the Mercedes crap. Hell,
their best designs lost 2 world wars, so what do they know????

When the 300M came out, I went to the Baltimore New Car Show. Wore my 1 of 1
300 Club jacket with ALL the Letter Car Logos on the back, milled around for
an hour or more in the Chrysler area, and NO ONE asked me any thing about
it! Big 300 Logo on my back, and none of those Chrysler suits or any of the
salespeople from the Dealerships noticed (or cared).

Ray Jones....See ya in Battle Creek!