Front brakes on 55 Imperial

Yes I know this isn't a 300, but I imagine the brake system is the same as the C300.

When I took them apart, They had some hardware that the manual doesn't show. I'm trying to find out if there was a fix the manual doesn't have or some previous owner go creative. The manual doesn't show "shoe hold down pin assemblies" on the front, yet they were there when I opened up the brakes. Anyone have an idea if they are suppose to be there or was this just another good idea someone had as they were putting the brakes back together 30 years ago. Also, between the shoe and the backing plate was a rubber bushing like thing that the hold down pin went through. The manual doesn't show this either.

Any info or comments are appreciated

Zak