Longram Camshaft Timing

I'm building a longram engine for my 1960 Plymouth. I'm at the point of
degreeing the camshaft, and am looking for some advice and / or
recommendations. I read on the 300 club web page tech section that the
factory cam sprocket is retarded 2° (at the camshaft) for optimum torque and
horsepower.

I will be using a set of "short" long rams, and it wasn't clear if this
applied to both versions. My displacement will be greater (451 cid) and was
wondering if this will have an effect. I am using a Hughes HE2330 camshaft,
which has an advertised duration close to the 300-J cam (270° vs. 268°
Intake). The intake closing and opening points however are approximately
8° advanced from the 300J cam. I am using a Rollmaster timing chain set,
and the most I can retard (or advance) the cam with this set will be 4°.
Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Al Wilson