'62 help

On the subject of alternators/regulators heres my two cents worth: first I strongly recommend that you put some sort of protection in the output circuit of the alternator, I've seen several mopar alternators that the output post shorted to ground and therefore smoked the wire and any other wire close to it all the way back to the battery(that means from the alternator thru the firewall to the amp meter back thru the firewall to the battery), real messy if not devastating.I put a 50 amp resetable circuit breaker in line on the passenger side of the firewall( i've been able to get these at the local car stereo installation shop). Secondly, as more and more of us upgrade our ignition systems to electronic distributors heres a tip: the electronic distributors dont like the old points style voltage regulators and we dont like the look of the new solidstate style replacements... I've found that the replacement regulaters that Auto Zone sells are acually solidstate and phisically about the same as the old point style just not as tall and if you take the cover off the old points style reg and cut the bolt down flanges off it will fit right over the new style.I actually have been collecting the oldest of the regulators that had the foward look stamped into them for years and even had a rubber stamp made to put the original warning, etc on a freshly painted cover.It looks nos and works great, larri