Chrysler be warned re new 300 - TBird bites dust?!

Chrysler be warned re new 300 - TBird bites dust?!

Firstly an apology for a typo in my earlier email with list of 3 world's greatest production 'pre 2000 high performance styling' icons that were ahead of their peers - I should have typed Lamborghini MUIRA, not Espada - the Espada is a great car, but never deserves the greatness that is the Muira - those astute car lovers may have realised I meant the Muira when they saw me mention it was world's first mass production rear engined V12 GT.

Re discussion or debate re Chrysler's plans to re-launch the 300 name - may I suggest that D-C take serious note of the fact that print media here in Australia now says Ford is to drop the new Thunderbird.

Reasons for this include:
1) mentioned in article was that once the more correct size motor (bigger) that Ford should have put in it's Ford (a 60s Datsun Fairlady copy looks wise?!) Thunderbird 'rebirth' was announced (sorry for the difficult to read sentance), that massive discounting was needed to sell the smaller motor ones they were still building until ready to build the new larger motor one. This apparently buggered the values of existing ones.
and 2). to my mind the car looked to bloody ordinary, see my above thoughts in brackets.

You might ask what has this to do with D-C, any new 300. Well amongst my ongoing thoughts sent to Ford over 2 years re their Australian product, I also warned them I thought their new Tbird was doomed to short term success, for exactly the two reasons above. They acted to put the larger motor in, but too late, or wrongly.
(They also have acted on most every other suggestion I offered them, all except a new 3 word Ford World marketing theme, which they initially thought meritorious enough to send direct to US Bosses. Now a much better product, sales of new Ford family size sedans have increased 50% in last six months. )

Anyhow, here is another prediction, this time for D-C, either do any new 300 properly, in the same vein as the original '55 300 to say '62 300 - OR ELSE FORGET IT , LIKE FORD YOU WILL HAVE WASTED A GOOD IMAGE, ICON. AND YOUR NEW 300 WILL BE SHORT LIVED.

Here is hoping D-C hold off on using the 300 name until they have a car that looks better than it goes!!??

Enough for now, petrol here down to 79c a litre today, but I see on TV oil overseas is nearly back up to $30 a barrel again, so how long before our's here is back up to a dollar a litre !?

Keep those 300s rolling, our dollar is 65c to your 100c, so we still can't afford much from you.

Aussie Christopher

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. Get larger attachments - send/receive up to 2MB attachments (up to 100 percent more per e-mail). Go to http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/home&pgmarket=en-au