Flanged bushing burnishing tool

>I haven't built an engine recently so I don't know for
>sure where it is but will look thru my building and
>see if I have duplicates. If I can find it I may be
>able to duplicate it with my lathe, or at least
>furnish exact measurements so other club members could
>make their own.

SPX Corporation is the parent for Miller special service tools. This is
where the dealerships get their specialty tools. This is where Mr Merritt's
dealership tools were originally purchased from.

I went to one of my towers of tools and found our tools (and well before Mr
Merritt could find his I guess; RBG :o). Question is, do you know where your
tools are tonight?).

Our 2001 Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge Special Service Tools catalog shows the
installer set p/n as C-3053. The puller set is p/n C-3052.

www.miller.spx.com

Pointing out that with the engine out the puller is not needed. The
installer tool is always needed. The puller is a shaft thing with a long
threaded section and nut at one end and a very coarse pitch thread on the
other. A 1/2 -13 tap and bolt would substitute for the puller (yes, no;
haven't been there myself). Puller set comes with piloted puller plate.

Bushing driver tool comes with piloted plate and drawing nut used to pull
burnishing end through installed bushing. Burnishing end measures 0.4875 in
(which is two rounded lands). The two old 413 oil pump drive shafts I have
measure 0.485 in. Note: When Mr Merritt finds his burnisher we can then
debate the fourth decimal place above.

We want to remember about $25 dollar range for either tool probably about 4
yrs ago.

E-bay? We have netted some killer tool deals from that source - - - -. Hint.

HTH

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ