RE: Re: [Chrysler300] 57 C Door Panel Inserts

RE: Re: [Chrysler300] 57 C Door Panel Inserts

Good morning group,
A few years ago I cleaned up the grill of my 62 Sport Fury, which I thought
was anodized but turned out to be bright dipped also. First I sanded the
dark spots with 600 grit dry, then sanded the whole grill with 1000 wet.
Then, just for fun I machine polished it with white compound, which really
made it shine. It wasn't embossed so I didn't have to worry about wiping
out any detail except for the black painted lines. I cleaned the compound
out of the thousands of little square holes using my parts washer. After
painting on the black lines, I sprayed on some clear coat urethane thinned 1
to 1. Four years later it was still the shiniest part on the whole car.

Mark Souders