Found a 300 C, need help

Hello everybody
I usually live in Italy, but I am on vacation now in Arizona, and today happened to find a restorable 300 C. Car is a bit rusty on the quarters and the floors, but the price is too good to leave the car . Problem is, I saw noVIN plate. The body tag is on its place on the radiator support, but no VIN plate. Assuming the engine has not been changed, from the engine number is possible to determine the original VIN number? Or maybe from the data plate? I know there is a hidden number on the frame, but can't check it out now.
I am leaving on tuesday, so will have to have this matter solved rather quickly. Thank you for any help
Antonello Jelitro , from sunny and hot Phoenix.