Transmission fluids

Hi all,
Before I do the deed, is there any significant problem with topping off my
'56 Powerflite with Chrysler ATF + 3 fluid that already has good old "Type A"
fluid in it ? I'll probably need to add between one and two quarts. Anyone
have first hand experience doing this ?

( The tranny was rebuilt in '96 and I found , as recommended in the service
manual, new "Type A" fluid and filled it with that thinking that would be
best.)
Thanks,
John Cote