Re: 300C rear window stainless trim

Definitely both types of trim ends were used in production on '57 hardtops, one clipped down fully and the other with a screw placed perhaps a couple inches back from the rain gutter in the short strips at the end of the lower horizontal surround. I have been unable to sort out whether this was a case of two suppliers (doubtful) or a running production change (more likely) however there does not seem to be a clear-cut distinction for a changeover VIN or date. I'm sure it happened at the factory, rather than being a dealership fix-it. Judges should accept either as far as I can tell.

Wayne