Re: [Chrysler300] Power Steering Advice Needed!

Re: [Chrysler300] Power Steering Advice Needed!

Here is further information that I had posted in March 1991.

There are two "O" Rings under the valve-body on top part of the Steering
box. You should follow the directions in the shop manual on how to center
the valve-body and do not break off the ears on the valve-body when you
tighten it. The valve body mounting screws are tightened to 7 foot pounds.
The centering procedure is as follows: With the steering wheel in a
straight-ahead position, stop and start the engine several times, tapping
the valve body up or down until the steering wheel does not move when the
engine is started or stopped. then, the valve body is now centered.
Caution: When you first start up the engine, do not have your hands any
where near the steering wheel as it may turn violently in either direction
until the "valve body" is centered.

The "O" rings should be available from Chrysler under Part # 3879919. Cost
about $8.00.( per Terry Lynch March 1991), Otherwise, you can get them
from a parts store. Make sure they are the correct size, or you may break
off the ears on the valve-body when you tighten it down.

John & Arlys Chesnutt, Portland, OR.