From: "Roger Schaaf" <obiwan10@xxxx>
To: "Chrysler 300 list service" <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] How did the 300 B turn 139 MPH at Daytona
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:16:57 -0800

Does anyone have knowledge on what was done to the several 300 B's that ran at Daytona in 1956 that ran up to 139 mph.

How close to stock were they. Somehow I have a tough time believing that running on sand with the aerodynamics of a sail turning upward of 140 mph with a stock motor would be doable.

How close to stock were the Kiekhaefer autos.

I have never seen any information on what were done to these cars, what rear axle ratios they ran, transmissions, engine mods, body, frame and suspension changes, how fast would they run on the straight-aways etc. etc.

Are there any videos available on these cars and their racing activities(Grand National and Daytona).

Are any of the original cars still around?

Sounds like would be an interesting book to have the history of these cars and their exploits. This all applies to 55 C 300's also.

Roger Schaaf
300 B Calif.

Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups! Get downloads, videos, and more here. http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx