Re: [Chrysler300] VIN Nameplate

Just thought I'd jump in and add my two cents worth (I'm Canadian...I guess it's only worth about 1.2 cents). I'm currently restoring a '65 300 and have made the decision to keep my tag in place because it's spot welded on as well, even though there are holes drilled like it was intended to be riveted? Looks really factory to me so I'm not fooling with it.

However, I just crawled into my 300 where my dash should be and found that there is fairly good access to the holes behind the door jamb. When I did my '67 Coronet R/T a few years ago I was able to gently flatten out the flare of the rivet from behind enough to remove the tag with the rivets intact.(There was no shank present inside the rivet) Once the car was painted, I pressed it back in place and placed a bead of epoxy around the formerly flared portion of the rivet to hold it in place. (You could hold it there many different ways) The final outcome was an original tag with original rivets placed on a fresh Plum Crazy paint job. It worked well for me but maybe a little masking might be the ticket for you?

Good Luck, Ryan.