[Chrysler300] halogen lights and electricals

[Chrysler300] halogen lights and electricals

Re:  halogen lights, electrical issues, etc. :    I think that pretty much
every '55 thur '65 Chrysler 300 out there is, at this time, in need of a new
wiring harness. I don't think that, per se, the halogen lights were the
problem. Rather, the issue is one of age, brittleness, corrosion, and wear
and tear.

I recently have worked on quite a few 1960, 1961 and 1962 300's. During this
process, I have removed the wiring harnesses, and examined them. I have
found that they are pretty much all shot, and, quite often, in areas where
cannot be seen when harness is still installed in the car !

One such area, for instance, is where the door power window harness goes
thru the door jamb. You can't see the harness, because of the rubber tubes
and also the fact that the harness  itself is wrapped in tape.  But - remove
the harness, unroll the tape, and all you will see is cracked insulation and
bare metal wires !  Same under the dash in various areas. Another bad area
is at the connections at bottom of kick panel, by e-brake.  Those plugs have
been exposed to water, moisture, etc. everytime someone got into the car
when it rained.  Special warning to a/c equipped cars:  the green wire that
runs along the in-and-out blower motor control lever is cracking where it
bends, and bare metal there just waiting to short out !

As the cars get older, new issues arise; I strongly believe that any 300 out
there that still has its original wiring harness is an accident waiting to
happen.

We are lucky to have Greg Leggatt providing us with beautiful and correct
wiring harnesses. Probably the best money you can spend is for a brand-new
harness, as far as your car's safety and survival.

Gloria Harris (or whoever sent that unsigned e-mail) - do not let Timo, or
whoever is working on your car, repair the existing harness !  That would be
completely foolish !  Have them install a totally new harness. Contact Greg
Leggatt at:  leggatt@xxxxxxx

300'ly
John Hertog

Give the gift of life to a sick child.