Re: [Chrysler300] 1955 C300 Door and Window Handle Removal

Re: [Chrysler300] 1955 C300 Door and Window Handle Removal

> I could use some guidance on removing the inside door handles from my
> C300.  I purchased a flat tool with a square slot in it that worked ok
> to remove the window crank by inserting the tool from the left with the
> handle down.  But, I can't seem to get the tool to engage and release
> the spring clip on the inside door handle.

The tool I have had for a long time is a flat pliers arrangement made by KD
Tools. Can't find it any more. Catches the ears of the pesky little clips
and allows one to pull the clip loose and out of the handle and not tear up
things.  Most tools I have seen lately are flat and I have no idea whether
they work on antique clips styles or not.

Google search for Lisle Tools brings up a picture for a 35200 plier that
looks like tool I have by KD. Price is unknown but should work on same
applications as E-bay tool and (I could be wrong) for considerable less
money. Ends of the tips seem to show  notches to pull the clips out which I
think are necessary to grab the rascals. And, I would suggest that a removed
handle and clip be taken for a test drive to the tool supplier to make sure
the tool works before buying.

HTH

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ