[Chrysler300] Maintenance Philosophy

Ron:

I understand your position, but am a long-time believer in and spent
most of my career engineering and managing preventative maintenance of
rotating equipment.

The decision to replace bearings was mine and was based on the car's and
my age and a long period without maintenance or operation on the car.
Was working on brakes anyway and am replacing all wheel cylinders and
lines..  I would like to go to the salt flats with it some day, but do
plan to drive it in the mountains and on CA freeways and don't feel the
need or tolerance for breakdown of readily replaceable elements.

These actions also help set the car up for a long, reliable life for
someone else after I am no longer able to take care of it.

Input so far on the shim question has one member cutting the shims from
waxed cardboard and another having a stack of them at a remote
location.  Still uncertain about the shim material--steel, brass, paper
or?  Also that NAPA should have them.  Thanks for input so far, but
could use additional info.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300-This baby boomer's birthday is coming up 3/12/05- the big
five-oh!   She got out of the hospital 3/17/55-St. Paddy's Day,
according to Cousin Gil's microfilm.

Ron Stewart wrote:

>if mechanic is machinist he should fix . don't fix if  not broken. were
>parts worn out?   going to the the SALT FLATS?C300 RON

Give the gift of life to a sick child.