Re: [Chrysler300] NAPA, Pep Boys, Autozone, ad nauseum

Re: [Chrysler300] NAPA, Pep Boys, Autozone, ad nauseum

In a message dated 3/16/05 11:02:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
a61300g@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>     I feel for John Hertog and electronics committee.  They must be on the
> brink of Sainthood. How they refrain from lashing out at some of you,
> presumably some of the nicest people one could meet anywhere ( to hear each
> of you describe one another ), is beyond me.  Hey, Steve Estok, did you
> ever stop and think that maybe those "pimply" faced kids that look like they
> fell face first into a tackle box wouldn't give anything in the world not to
> have those pimples ??  Its not as though they want to look like that.  But
> you were probably blessed with a clear complexion and never gave pimples a
> second thought.   Pete Fitch, you undoubtedly knew exactly what spark plug
> brand and number you wanted, had you simply asked for Champion J10Y
> or whatever you use the clerk would have given you exactly what you needed,
> no questions asked and without insisting it be looked up. I think you
> simply wanted to flaunt the fact that you are the owner of a Chrysler 300
> which I think is what it's all about to alot of members in this club.
> Face it, members, 95 per cent of the population doesn't know ( and probably
> doesn't care ) what a 55 - 65 Chrysler letter car was.  Not even during the
> years they were produced.  I know, because I've been answering the same
> questions about mine for the last 35 years wherever I take it.  Nancy
> Kramer, if you knew where the cotter pins were why didn't you go and pick
> them up, take them to the cashier and pay for them instead of asking at the
> counter ??
> Next time you have trouble ordering chicken, point at your leg or flap your
> arm like a wing - they'll get the picture.  Sheldon in PA has quite a sharp
> memory about his episode at Pep Boys, except what he originally went in to
> buy.  Was she that "hot" Sheldon ??  Your driving 40 to 50 year old cars
> people.  Would you have expected to go into an auto parts store in 1960 and
> find parts on the shelf for a 1920 Ford, Olds, or Cadillac ?? Probably not.
>     Point is, as has been pointed out frequently, if it doesn't pertain to
> the cars, it has no status here.  If you're bored, lonely, have no one to
> talk to and
> nothing's on TV, take a nap, visit a real BB where your opinions on oil
> filters, insurance, gasolines, taxes, parts clerks, etc., etc. might be
> welcomed, surf the net ( I know you haven't reached the end of it ), read a
> book, bite your tongue, anything to prevent you from sending your
> experiences to the listserver. So lets leave the badmouthing of products and
> clerks or anything off here. Not what most of us signed on for.
>
> Del Kerney
> DEL KERNEY, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT, DO YOU? WE'RE RELATING OUR EXPERIENCES,
ABOUT OBTAINING PARTS FOR OUR CARS, & THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR.
YOUR CRITICISM IS EXACTLY WHAT IT'S NOT FOR. THOSE PIMPLY FACED KIDS, I REFERRED
TO, IF THEY FELT SO BAD ABOUT THOSE PIMPLES, WHY DO THEY PIERCE THEIR FACES
WITH FISH HOOKS, TO BRING ATTENTION TO THEM? I WAS DESCRIBING A CLUELESS PERSON,
WITH BAD JUDGEMENT, & THAT SEEMED TO OFFEND YOU.                  STEVE
ESTOK, IN 76 & RAINING, PUNTA GORDA, FL

'Thanks & Giving.'