From: Brandt Jimerson [mailto:brandt300g@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 8:10 PM
To: Bob Jasinski; Krikhaar, Alex; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] RE: Short Ram differences

Hello Bob! I can do some further clarification but not 'all the way' clarification. The F and G (and you may already know but just in case) short rams made 400 hp. with a DIFFERENT cam than the long rams. Believe they  were red. The optional H short ram had 405 hp. and believe they were also red. The J and ram K  were both 390 hp. Now those were light blue. Also to anyone, if I'm incorrect, don't hesitate to let me know 'cause I can overlook things!  I'm not sure about the serial #s though, sorry.  What's interesting is that the appearance to all of these short rams, are virtually identical to the long rams, except indentation along the tops of the short rams, stop at the 'summit' versus travelling the whole way to carbs on the longs. Hope I helped!  300ly, Brandt J.......300G.

Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to see some further clarification on the short ram issue.
According to our own website's "All About Rams" article in the Tech section,
the short rams were available on the F, G, H, J, and K.  There is no
difference indicated between the rams offered for those years.  Could those
in the know explain what differences existed between the early short ram and
the later short ram?  Are the casting numbers different?  How about the
appearance?

Bob J

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo! Groups Links