[Chrysler300] Problem with Temp and Gas Gauge

[Chrysler300] Problem with Temp and Gas Gauge

Recently I have observed my temp gauge showing the engine running extremely
hot but other than the guage telling me this there is no boiling over or any
other symptom. When I start the car the gauge shows the car running cool and as
I drive longer it progressively goes all the way to the right until it is
pinned. I checked the engine when turning it off and there is nothing boiling, no
smell, no leaking, nothing. Everything seems good. Now my Gas gauge is showing
that I have gas but I ran out tonight. Can there be something wrong that
would affect the gauges and make them both give false readings? Or could it just
be that both sending units crapped out the same time. Up until a week ago they
behaved properly with nothing seeming amis.
Appreciate any help!
Russell
61G

Give the gift of life to a sick child.