[Chrysler300] F,G or H steering wheel cover

[Chrysler300] F,G or H steering wheel cover

Brandt,

Well, allow me to join your "cracked wheel" club.  Same story here. Mine
cracked from the cold. Spent a lot of $$$  having it recast, it looked great
and it lasted a couple-three years. All was fine until the car - and its
steering wheel - spent the winter in Maine. One cold snap, and "crack" went
the wheel . Unfortunately it cracked so bad that it's shot. The person who
recast my wheel advertises in Hemmings - his name is Bill Peters, in NY.  I
called him, and he pretty much told me: "sorry - not my problem".

I think we need to know who recast your wheel, Brandt. Have you contacted
that outfit and seen if they would make good on it?  Please let us know who
recast the wheel.

The only lessons to be learned  are, as far as I am concerned:
1/ they don't make them like they used to
2/ take off wheel during winter storage

Now - that said - anyone know where I can send my cracked wheel  (only the
clear portions are cracked) for recasting thereof ? The only other game in
town, as far as I know, is Dennis Crooks (Quality Restorations) in CA .

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY

'Thanks & Giving.'