[Chrysler300] what do do with VIN and data tags

[Chrysler300] what do do with VIN and data tags

Hi, John Lyons (and all).

John, I have unfortunately had to part out some Letter cars in the past.
It's always been with a heavy heart, but some were just beyond redemption,
as apparently the one you just purchased. At least their parts live on in
other cars.

With regards to your VIN tag and data tag question, re:  what to do with the
tags - the correct answer is: destroy them. Since the car itself is being
scrapped, there is no reason for the tags to survive.  If the data tag is
still legible  (from the looks of this car, it may have turned to dust and
rust), I am sure Gil would appreciate a picture of it before you cut it up.
The unfortunate reality of things is that, if the tags are not destroyed,
it's almost a certainty that someday, somewhere, they WILL resurface on
another car !

One way or another, this car WILL be marked as "scrapped" in the registry,
together with relevant info  (condition of it, and who scrapped it).
Therefore, should the VIN tag ever surface on another car, ten years from
now or whatever, that car would immediately be branded as a clone.

Should you wish to send these two tags  (VIN and  data) to Gil Cunningham,
they will be destroyed "officially"  (Gil will use the official Club shears
to cut them up into little pieces, and then use the official Club torch to
liquefy the remains !!

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY