[Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 Wire Wheels

Here is the response on wire wheels.  It offers some sense of history
and rationalization.  Any confirmation of any of this from any of you?

C-300'ly
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 Chrysler C-300  (Motor Wheel, 48-spoke-lookin' & doin' jes fine)

Rich... HI!
Thanx for writing... you are correct on a lot of issues... I find Chrysler
owners are really on top of their cars. Wheel Motor Company WAS the main
supplier..... as was Kelsey Hayes was later on. The spokes are 56.... for a
reason.... the cars used to blow spokes... and they weren't strong enough...
so Kelsey Hayes went to a 56 for strength. Both types have the same
lacing... and the same caps.. but the Kelsey Hayes repo version we produce
are far stronger.. and much safer than a Old Motor Wheel. Both were
suppliers to dealerships... and at one point.... due to competition with
GM... Motor Wheel was reportedly a subsidiary of KH... so that Chrysler
people wouldn't be upset that they shared something in common with a GM
dealership. Many Motor wheels say MW... and many Kelsey Hayes Wheels said
KH. Hope that helps.
Chris  (Christopher Sabatino DC, DocSab@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
ps
We have many Chrysler Product members in our multi-make marqee club. As long
as the car has a fin.... You're in. CadillacWorld is the parent of the club
known as The "SKYSCRAPERS" International Car Club. We use the 59 Cadillac as
the clubs representation of the fin... as it was the highest ever produced
on a production car.. and the fact that it an American Icon car easily
recognised around the world. You should join... and email a photo.