[Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 Wire Wheels

Dr. Christopher Sabatino, D.C.:

A very satisfied member of our Chrysler 300 Club, International has
provided us with your website address.  While I appreciate the
availability of new wire wheels for our old Chryslers, I'd ask for your
input and perspective on a couple of points.

I am told that Motor Wheel, not Kelsey Hayes was the vendor of wire
wheels to the factory for my 1955 Chrysler 300.  I have a nice used set
that had been restored, rechromed and equipped with stainless spokes.  I
cleaned the rims before mounting the tires and observed the name "MOTOR
WHEEL" stamped inside each wheel.  My wheels have 48 spokes.  The wheel
in the picture on your website has 56 spokes and is described as being a
reproduction of a Kelsey-Hayes wheel.

I'm new to this issue and would appreciate your comments on:

Who provided wire wheels to Chrysler during the period 1940-1960?
Kelsey Hayes? Motor Wheel? Both? Others?
What is the factory original number of spokes on the 1955 Chrysler 300
factory wire wheels?  48?  56?  Other?
Your rim width, or widths, for the Chrysler wheels??

Thank you for any light you might contribute on this subject.

Club members are invited to chime in with facts to set me straight.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 Chrysler C-300

Yahoo! Groups Links