Re: [Chrysler300] Disabled C-300 transmission

Re: [Chrysler300] Disabled C-300 transmission

Elmer and Narve,
>   You do NOT remove the converter with the transmission on ANY power
flite,
> or cast iron Torque Flite, period! This is not like an aluminum TF with a
> cast on bellhousing.

I would definately agree with that.

>   Narve, it sounds like you installed the transmission correctly. If the
> pump
> is not working, you will not be able to fill the converter to full
capacity.
> This could be why the difference in what the manual says, and what you got
> in it. The converter and cooler should have both been flushed before the
> rebuilt unit is put on. These units have to be very clean in order to
> function properly. A pressure gage would be the way to go to find out if
the
> lien pressure is right. Sounds like it is going to have to come back out
> anyway.
> 300ly,
>     Don

What I suggested to him was to check the cooler volume flow and quality
looking for air bubbles (which would indicate bad pickup maybe).

>From the original post the pressures are low and not right. Right? Needs
fluid flowing. Right? Only question is why isn't it. I know a trans won't go
until it has proper fluid level and is pumping properly. Check on level
floor, idling in neutral? Trans really 'in gear' manually?

Having just been to this party with a customers fresh rebuilt, without some
sort of diagnostic information what can the builder do to locate and correct
problem? Could just get 'fixed' trans back with same problem

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ