Re: [Chrysler300] Special Stockton 300 Replacement Wheels

Re: [Chrysler300] Special Stockton 300 Replacement Wheels

Thanks to many for lots of good discussion on a seemingly simple
element--the wheel.  As further information, the 15" X 5.5" wheels on my
1955 C-300 have two nubs or raised spots, one on each side of the valve
stem hole.  There are corresponding ears on the wheel covers to prevent
rotation.  My wheels also have the four air cooling slots and the
necessary additional five holes to allow locating the wheel on the
locating pin.  The pin is required for lineup as the wheels are fastened
to the brake drums with studs, not lug nuts.  If the Stockton 15" wheels
don't have the locating holes and cooling slots, I don't think they
would be right for the 1955.  I understand the locating pin can be
ground off with the net result being some additional difficulty in
mounting a wheel.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA (30 miles west of Stockton)
1955 C-300