RE: [Chrysler300] My 300G for sale item number 4571231312

RE: [Chrysler300] My 300G for sale item number 4571231312

Ian,

Thanks for your thoughts.  It is hard for even me to believe this, but I had
a sleepless night over this.  I am the type of person that I typically react
rationally to a situation and then the anger seeps in overnight.  Well, the
anger has seeped in....

I spent nearly $50,000 in the last year promoting (That's PROMOTING...NOT
including the actual show or program production costs) the biggest vintage
car show in Hartford's history.  There were three themes to the show but the
BIGGEST and MOST PROMOTED by far was the celebration of the 50th anniversary
of the letter series cars.  I heavily promoted the club as a place to go for
great help and great people.  I dedicated seven pages of a 44 page event
program to the letter series cars....at nearly $400.00 per page in program
production costs and gave them mention in the Chairman's letter as well.

I invited members to attend for free, enter their cars for free, enjoy
breakfast and lunch on me for free, featured their cars in the article in
the program, all this for an event that (as most first year events do) LOST
MONEY.  I also have prominently recommended the club to the 250,000 monthly
readers of Car Collector Magazine who read the restoration article every
month.  I have turned down offers to create a clone G out of the scrap one I
purchased in Boston because I felt is was wrong and not at all in the spirit
of what the club is striving to accomplish in spite of the money that could
have been made!

This is the same club that had member calling a kind gentleman in Boston who
was selling the scrap G and offer to sell it for him under the condition of
splitting the profits with the club member/seller.  The same club that had a
split some years ago because of issues like this one.  I am embarrassed!  I
am angry but worst of all, I am saddened.

Ian, I too, will not likely be renewing upon my membership expiration.  I
certainly will not be promoting the club anymore as a welcoming and
non-judgmental place to be....and that it too bad because there are many
many fine folks who are members of this club....but to have myself trashed
because I did not 'declare' myself an enthusiast or collector or speculator
or whatever, and have my car trashed that I have put my heart and soul into
because.....well sour grapes is about all I could come up with....is
appalling.

I see no winners here......

Regards,

John