[Chrysler300] Hot Wheels

At our recent meet, I think I heard guest lecturer Martin Swig relate a
comment from a racer that with Chrysler standard brakes, he could count
on one-half stop.  After converting to aluminum finned Buick drums, the
racer could obtain one and one-half stop.

Cooling the drums is critical for the second stop or long descent, for
sure, and there is ample evidence that operators and manufacturers of
Chrysler brakes have determined that they are marginal, especially when
compared to today's four wheel disc brakes with ABS.  Careful planning
while driving conservatively should suffice with or without vent holes.
I think the vents mostly let in gravel to drive you nuts while driving
down the street.  I have seen them taped shut on cars that frequently
traveled gravel roads.

The Crown Imperials had disc brakes early, but I've never heard how good
of a job they did "as compared to".

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA