[Chrysler300] To sell or not to sell, etc. etc.

[Chrysler300] To sell or not to sell, etc. etc.

I seldom chime into the newsletter because of the very problem that John
Lyons is experiencing right now.  But I often look at the suggestions and
tips from other club members and learn a little along the way.  We have been
members of "both" clubs for many years, and have attended events of both.
We are members for two reasons, to meet the many fine people and see the
great cars (that often started out in poor condition).

At the moment we have a few 300's,  58 D hardtop and rag,  59 E hardtop and
rag, and a 60F ht, along with a little group of Imperials, Desoto's, Dodges,
etc.  Most of our cars are in nicely restored condition, so I think I can
speak with some knowledge of these old pieces of junk that now seem to be
attracting just dues, more interest from "non" 300 people,  and finally some
price increases after many years of status quo or decline.

I am not a dealer, nor do I consider myself to be some kind of special brand
of purest "collector".   Personally we believe that anyone that is improving
the old fin wonders should be encouraged and applauded---not questioned
because of the ultimate objective.   Lets all remember that we live in a
capitalist society, MAKING MONEY IS GOOD!   If you buy it, you can fix it up
or not, sell it or not, and burn it or not if you want too, in our society.
If I was a dealer I would be shameless about make money, especially if that
was my full time business.

Anyone that thinks otherwise, and fails to understand that as long as
someone is doing something to try to save and better these old cars, is full
of it---and should at minimum be disregarded because of faulty thinking.  I
for one approve of someone that treats these cars as a business, because
that just simply creates more future interest, and makes a couple available
to other collectors, and if he can make a profit that's all the better!

Before people throw stones, they should consider  what might have continued
to happen without people like Mr. Lyons.   Perhaps it would be better to
take all these old 300 junkers (and they were poorly built when new, never
forget that Mr. Purest)  back to the days of the demolition derby?
Actually, as having attended some of these events in my younger days, I kind
of liked  'em  (the big fin Chryslers generally won, but were totaled in the
process).  Then nothing would still exist today to collect or sell???

John don't quite, just standup for your viewpoint---you are entitled to it.
I guess this position makes me a non-purest collector also, and frankly my
dear,  I don't give a damn.   Bob Brown