Re: [Chrysler300] Relay vs. Starter

Simply by-pass the Relay. Use a Jumper cable from the Positive terminal
to the starter (Big) wire on the Relay. It'll crank or it won't. If it
doesn't, check the starter for a good Ground. While you're at it, check
ALL the cables for high Resistance. Use an Ohm Meter, check the Starter
to Block for resistance and then check each Cable. While doing that,
check both at the cable end and at the post it's hooked to. This can
often tell you if there's corrosion in the connection. Unhook the +
Cable while checking this, Some meters don't like Voltage present when
checking Resistance. And don't forget to check the Ground cable. Attach
a jumper to the block and Negative side of the Battery. See if that
changes how it cranks.

The Starter is the highest Draw in the system, so ALL the cables and
connections must be good.  Corrosion inside the cables or at the
connections, even a little in each link to the starter, can just be
more than the starter can overcome. The higher the Resistance, the
lower the Voltage available.

Good Luck, Ray