[Chrysler300] Critters

On Oct 21, 2005, at 6:16 AM, Ron Waters wrote:

>  So has anyone had success with using Irish Spring soap ?
>  Ron

No!!!  The critters eat it.  I tried Irish Spring inside my cars several
years ago.  In the spring all of the chunks of bars had been partially
eaten.  Of course I abandoned that idea.  As a foot note, I just found
one of the chewed bars in one of my storage buildings (not in a car).  It
has fresh droppings on it and lots of fresh chew marks.  I promptly
removed it from the building.

The best defense is to keep the critters out of the interior of your car.
 It takes a little work but it is possible.  Get in, out, and under your
car and find all the openings into the interior, including the trunk.
Look for missing body plugs and deteriorated grommets.  (You can use a
trouble light inside or outside and look from the other side for light
coming through.) Replace them or stuff the openings, even those less than
1/4 inch, with a material that no chewing critter will get through.
STEEL WOOL!!!.  Use steel wool in the tail pipes, air cleaner openings,
and every other place mice might go.  And just in case you've missed an
opening, put the sun visors down so the critters don't have a place to
stand while they chew through the headliner.