Re: [Chrysler300] FW: Questions from eBay Member DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS

Re: [Chrysler300] FW: Questions from eBay Member DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS

What I often look for is that the site to sign in is not secure, i.e., the internet site begins "http" instead of "https".  Of course, the crooks don't want your password that you enter to be encrypted!   That makes it harder to get!

John Lyons <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  The jerks are getting smarter.  This is not a real request for money.  Look
at it closely....it has the following characteristics:

1)  I have just had several auctions end over the last few days.

2)  The note indicates that the bidder is a POTENTIAL BUYER.

3)  The user indicates he has tried to pay through paypal yet it is only a
question form.

4)  Click on ANY of the links and a login is required.  That is not the way
Ebay works.

5)  It is not addressed to me personally.

6)  The auction number is not real.

Several of those items, they could have eliminated as flags for me with just
a little bit of research.  #5 is the safest bet to avoid getting taken.

Yahoo! Groups Links