[Chrysler300] 62 H 413 rebuild

Good morning,

We are enjoying about 6" new white stuff this am here in the Northwoods.  The road plowing crews had the nite off I guess so it was slow going to church.

Anyways I have some more questions I wanted to put to the collective wisdom of this fine group.  Fern Rivard and Mike Meyer and now recently Bruce Naimy have been very helpful to me.

All block rebuild work is going well and the heads have been gone over and are in good shape.  The heads are from a 300J/early K.

Fern has been very happy with a solid lift cam he purchased from Hughes.  I talked with Hughes and they sounded good to me and said they are primarily Mopar folks.  They can also supply solid lifters (which I need); they are generic after market lifters that have a slightly different height.  Not to worry, Hughes can readily supply custom-length tubular pushrods.   Their prices seem fair to me, but they can not help me out with a rocker arm kit which I also need.

On the Crane website (Mike Meyers reference) I see DI adjustable shaft mounted rocker arms, they also have rocker arm shafts (which I would probably replace), and I hope they have the shaft attachment blocks/pedestals (5 per shaft) which I need.  Crane has other higher performance rockers but I think I would be happy with the DI ones that are probably close to stock (none came with the heads I have so I'm not sure what the originals were like).  I've been told there probably should be stock ones available, but if so I didn't come across any on the web.

The questions I have are:

1) Are there stock adjustable rocker arm kits (rockers, shafts, attachment blocks) available.
2) Would I be better off getting cam, solid lifters, pushrods, and the rocker kit from the same manufacturer to reduce any possible mismatching of components.
3) Are there any other manufacturers that I should check out.
4) How were the original rockers manufactured.
5) Are there any other considerations that I need to factor in as I choose these various parts.  Overall, I'd like to stay fairly close to the original engine design/specs, but I don't mind taking advantage of such improvements as a newer better cam design.

Thanks for all help.  BTW, I most often get private responses to my questions and I also often get requests from other members to forward helpful responses - so it probably is helpful to reply to the group.

Thanks,

Carlton

Yahoo! Groups Links