[Chrysler300] EBay scammers getting better

[Chrysler300] EBay scammers getting better

Hi Club,

Well the scammers are getting more sophisticated and this one almost got me.
What appeared to be a completely legitimate sale of a really nice looking
'57 New Yorker turned out to be a scam. The only identifying factor was that
the seller had 0 feedback. There was no buy-it-now or goofy email address
with a demand for contact....it seemed completely legitimate and was without
reserve. I am forwarding the information I received from Ebay....some of you
might have seen the ad although it was only up for about 10 hours.

The seller was purportedly from Colorado. the car was no reserve, the
nomenclature and general tone was of someone who knows what they are talking
about with respect to collector cars (they used the term '10-footer) and
also gave very detailed information as to the restorative work done to the
car over the last 13 years or so.

They had good imagery as well and were knowledgeable about these cars in
general. I had sent the seller an email asking them to contact me prior to
the end of the auction because they had zero feedback. I have not heard from
him/her.

John

Yahoo! Groups Links