From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Russ Vaughan
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:58 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 61/61 starter

If the internals are the same, I would think a core could be rebuilt by an
electrical shop that specializes in starters, generators and alternators.

  Russ

john begian <r2gthawk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The 66-69 Hemi 4spd starter is the same armiture, but different nose
(oriented differently). The repro guys don't have these available. I had to
hunt a starter down for my Hemi vehicle, unfortunately, best bet is to find
and original starter.

John Begian
Saline, MI 100F and muggy

Jess Miklas wrote:
If memory serves, and it might not at this point, the starters for the 1966
- 1968 426 Hemi cars with 4 speed only were the same "old style" starters as
the G and F. This might be what Mancini is selling. I cannot recall if the
snouts were the same however. If trhe parts are available to upgrade the 426
starters to high output, then the G & F starters can be upgraded also.

Jeff Miklas

For list server instructions, go to

Yahoo! Groups Links