Re: [Chrysler300] 300D Oil Pressure

Terry, Did you put a new pump on when the engine was rebuilt?    Is the
20 lb's at idle and high or just idle.  What is ie at 3000rpm.?       If
you put a new pump on do you know what pump it is?  High pressure, or
High Volume or the std. pump?    You can buy a high pressure spring from
Mopar and put it in without removing the pump.    But you should
probably take it off and check it out.   There is a new pump on the
market with a adjustable nut to dial in what pressure you want.
  Did the rebuilder replace the cam bearings.?  If not thats where your
pressure is being lost if the engine bearings clearance is ok

       Gary Barker

pennsy300@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Need some advice here.  The oil pressure on my 300D (as  indicated by the
>in-dash gauge) has always been on the low side.  I just  had the pressure
>professionally checked, and they also reported very low  numbers, ten to twenty
>pounds.  Since the engine was totally rebuilt fewer  than 10,000 miles ago, I don't
>think wear is the problem.  (Even shortly  after the rebuild, the indicated
>oil pressure was always low.)  I am  guessing that the problem is in the oil
>pump, but that is only a guess.  Is  there any place on the engine (other than
>the tube running to the pressure  gauge) where I might  attempt to further
>diagnose this problem, before  dropping the pan and installing a new oil pump?
>Any and all help will be  greatly appreciated.  Terry McTaggart

Yahoo! Groups Links