RE: [Chrysler300] Front braking issue / problems !!!

RE: [Chrysler300] Front braking issue / problems !!!

One thing about collapsed brake hoses, in my experience at least, is
that the usual symptom is overheating brakes/drums/rims.  The
collapsed hose usually traps the pressure when the brakes are applied
and doesn't allow proper release.  None, the less, replacing 40-50
year old hoses is always a good idea.

There is a little ambiguity on the original post.  You mentions
springs, etc (drum brakes), and then speak about calipers (disk
brakes).  The adjusting screws must mean drum brakes.

When a car is pulling on braking, again in my experience, if the
wheel locks up immediately, then that is the wheel with the brake
problem.  Possibly brake fluid or oil on the linings.  If the car
pulls strongly to one side, with the wheel locking up after more foot
pressure is applied, then the brakes on the opposite side are
probably not applying properly.  Possibly stuck pistons, glazed lining, etc.

I would take a look at the right front wheel, maybe pull the drum and
look inside as well.  Have a helper softly apply the brakes with the
drum off and check for proper piston push and release.  Hope this helps.

Bill Huff

At 10/28/200707:36 AM, Narve Nordanger wrote:
>Replace your brake hoses, today's possibly most common cause for uneven
>braking in old cars is internally collapsed hoses.
>

>Narve N
>
>C-300 in Norway

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: