From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of George Riehl
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 4:11 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Gasolone

Today, I got the "J" running after a bit of electrical problems. Spit &
sputter, backfire, cough! One and one half year old gas! Down to the Citgo
station. Put the credit card in, opened the gas cap, which then rolled under
the car, way, way under. Flipped the lever aND STARTED PUMPING IN "SUMMER
GASS".

Finally got the "J" running today after some electrical problems. Cough,
sputter, 4 cyls. running, backfire and ran like a Model "T". One and one
half year old gas in the tank! Down to the Citgo station. Slipped in the
credit card, took the cap off the fill pipe, which then rolled way, way
under the car. Stuck the nozzel into the tank, started pumping premium (also
adding a can of "OctaneBoost") fuel. Nineteen point 9 (19.9) gallons. Moved
the "J" up to get the tank cap, installed. Went back to get the receipt.
Opened the glove box door to record the purchase on my "fuel-mileage" pad. I
was like putting my finger into an electric socket. Twenty (20) gallons at
$4.269! Eighty five dollars and thirty eight cents ($85.38)..........at 12
miles per gal, conservativly, the way I drive, I just made the station's
profit for the day. Made the wages for the two employees for the day.
Listening to the TV about summer gas prices, supposedly going over 5 bucks
per gal, (thank you OPEC and Bushy baby) one has to consider traveling in
these "BRUTES". Property and Income taxes may have to wait. Milk prices over
4 bucks a gal! Motor oil 3 1/2 bucks a quart, if it's any good for the car.
But what the heck, one only lives once. There is nothing like smelling tire
"smoke" and rocketing down the road in a "beast", getting a glance of the
cop that just "hit" you with the radar gun.
At 78 years of age, the "kid" in me still lives. I see my neighbor has his
Corvette out. Think I'll stop by and challenge him. Darn, another trip to
the gas station!

Hey, you all, just don't sit there and look at the 300, break the piggy bank
and borrow some of your kid's college fund, have some fun, safely.
"Old" George Riehl

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: